telenobela

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Kilig Moments

I asked a friend what’s the translation of “kilig” to English. We couldn’t figure out a direct translation, but it has everything to do with romance. How your body reacts to romance – the butterflies in the stomach, goosebumps, the way your heart beats faster, breaking out into a nervous sweat, uncontrollable giggling, blushing, that big, goofy grin that you can’t wipe off your face, and the list goes on.

A couple of months back I was asked what were my kilig moments. I couldn’t think of one. But now that I had a kilig moment earlier today, it seems weird that I couldn’t remember those times. I mean those are things that I can look back on and be happy about!

So what was my kilig moment? It was via a text message. A guy (I haven’t even met, mind you) complemented me and was poking fun at me. And it actually made me feel good.

I was on the MRT on the way to work. And while I was reading the text messages I had to cover my face so I wouldn’t look like a total idiot. Coz I know I was blushing and was smiling. GOD I got to the office with a big smile on my face!

It was different to feel this way, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. A little thing that totally made my day.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Uy sino yon???

     
  • At 2:00 AM, Blogger Jayce Cortez Jacinto said…

    i think the word's "giddy". something that gives a lightheartedly silly, frivolous and yet joyfully elated feeling.medyo appropriate naman,diba?

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger YANZ said…

    thanks for the explanation, very helpful! =D

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it's complimented and not complemented.

    sorry couldn't help it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home