telenobela

Thursday, October 12, 2006

drink to make more money!

Alcohol use helps boost income: study

I just read this article and I’m sorry, but I really have to say that it is so true! Well, I’m not sure about the money part, but about being able to be sociable and build your network through alcohol. That is just a fact of life.

I’m living proof of it. I’ve been here in Cebu for about a month. (It has been a month?!) And I went out and had fun (aided by alcohol) last Wednesday and Friday. And now I am able to talk to my officemates. It’s as simple as that! Not just the usual hi and smiles in the hallway. But actually exchange ideas and find out more about the other.

So people I otherwise would not have been able to talk to at work, I get to know a little better after work.

How did Binky put it? Alcohol is a social lubricant.

Of course it took me this long to be comfortable enough to go out.

But aside from alcohol, I think going out with your officemates is important. That a little work to show interest in the people you work with, will go a long way.

Last Friday it was Joey’s birthday and I got my first paycheck. As tradition calls for it here in Bigfoot, Joey and I had to treat everyone to pizza. So we gathered the production department and headed to Da Vinci’s.

Yum! First time for me to try Shawarma Pizza, I think I liked that the best!

In that hour-long lunch break we all got to know the new Production Head, Michael, a little better. And it was the first time that all of us sat down together as a group. Before that we had talked to each other at one point, but not with Michael.

It was different and fun. It was also a sneak peak into how an out of town trip of the department is going to be like – full of smiles and laughter! (Or at least it seems that way! Ha!)

Cheers!

Curious? Wanna know how alcohol can help? Here’s the link:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060914/hl_afp/afplifestylehealthalcohol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home