telenobela

Thursday, October 12, 2006

ouch!

hmmm i twisted my ankle last friday...

i decided to tag along with the Deep Gold crew to their location check at Olango Island. it's just off mactan island, a short ferry ride away. what's special about Olango is that it is a bird sanctuary. different kinds of birds make the island a stop over during their migration to warmer lands.

got a beautiful shot a blue heron resting in a tree. although there aren't that many birds yet coz the season reaches its peak during november.

so anyway we were getting around the island via the tricycle that we rented for the day. olango is more of a day trip kinda visit. not that many places to stay and really nothing to do.

Jiji had to get out and check something and since i was blocking her way i had to get out of the tricycle too. i held onto a handle bar and next thing i know i'm on the floor. and then my foot started to hurt. i thought it wasn't much but then it started to hurt. luckily the tricycle driver was nice and bought me ice and offered to take me to a manhihilot. i didn't want to have my foot touched, i could still handle the pain.

but then we passed by the island's hospital and Jiji asked me if i'd like a doctor to take a look. i said yes :-)

i twisted my ankle. i had to keep ice on it for the rest of the day and then start with a hot compress. and i had to rest.

but did i rest? nope. that weekend i was going to bantayan island with some officemates. and i thoroughly enjoyed that weekend. but come monday i was still injured, but off pain killers.

then on wednesday, when i woke up i felt pain again. after a couple of meetings i saw tamara in the hallway and she asked me about my foot. then she saw i long purple bruise along my foot. needless to say she convinced me to go to the hospital and made sure that the company's car would bring me to the hospital.

wow i loved that tamara convinced me but i didn't like the hospital too much. i had to ask for attention and for a chair. everyone did what they did without regard for their patients. but in fairness to my doctor, she was nice. i guess i just didn't feel welcome there.

so i got a xray and had my foot bandaged. still have to go back to get the official results, but apparently i don't have a fracture or anything. just need to rest...

did i rest? nope...haha! matigas talaga ulo ko! i had to head to the city and meet Eyron at Ayala. he's in town for a mini break. plus he brought me a cake sampler from chocolate kiss! YUMMY. i was so happy to see him and swap stories. and the cakes were goo-ood...

although after one night of having the bandage around my ankle the swelling is noticeably smaller. i did go to work. but aside from a meeting and lunch out, i've kept my foot elevated and a hot compress on it. i have a feeling i'll be able to recover pretty soon ;-) hahahaha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home