telenobela

Monday, September 19, 2005

Letting It Being Known Without Saying It

I saw Romeo Luvs Jew'lhiett at the CCP, performed by Tanghalang Pilipino. It's their take on the classic, making it easier for Pinoys to relate to coz it's in Filipino and very jologs.

But that's not what I'm going to write about. I invited my friend, to go with me. We had met a month earlier and I left my umbrella in her car. I had been bugging her and she had time to meet me that Sunday.

I don't know why but I think that she has a hard time telling me things. Coz during the intermission she said that she had a favor to ask of me. What was it? She wanted me to be her wedding coordinator. Without actually saying that she is engaged. As simply as "Can you be my wedding coordinator? Don't worry may compensation naman e."

"WHAT?!" of course I didn't say that out loud. I told her I couldn't commit, especially for an event like that. Coz I'm not a wedding planner and my work schedule is erratic. I might not be able to do her justice. But I did offer to help her out in anyway I could.

A month earlier she had told me that since she had gotten back together with her boyfriend their relationship was going really well. I said as long as she's happy, I'm okay with it. She then told me that she's thinking of marrying him, that they're making plans. I said as long as she's happy, I'm okay with it.

Then when her boyfriend showed up he announced that he was going to her house tomorrow para mamanhikan. WHAT?! Then a month later she asks me to be her wedding planner without actually telling me that she was engaged. Again.

I really don't know what to think. I don't even know if I'm really happy for her. Coz all I've heard about her relationship are negative things. I JUST DON"T KNOW. But I don't wanna rain on her parade. So I'll be here waiting for stories/updates on her life.

An officemate told me that once your girlfriends get married it's hard to keep in touch with them. I think that is a possibility since we don't see each other now. I guess in a way I'm saying good bye to our friendship. Coz I can't really say that I actually know her. We've shared experiences in the past, but that was like a year ago or more. Nothing recent. So she was part of my life, but not anymore.

It makes me sad, but what can I do? People change. I'll still try to go out with her and find out about her life now. I don't see her as what she was to me. As I'm writing this I'm surprised that I'm not crying. It shows that I've moved on and accepted what is.

How sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home