telenobela

Friday, August 05, 2005

intense stomach pain

I had barely gotten any sleep when I woke up with a piercing pain. My stomach really hurt! Did I have to go to the bathroom? No. Did I have gas? Nope. But the pain wouldn’t go away. I even tried lying in a position that my sister claims to help alleviate stomach pain. You have to lie face down and then bend your knees so that your ass is up in the air. Sorry Sis, it doesn’t work!

So after 4 hours of wondering why I was in so much pain I throw up. That’s it! I wasn’t going to be in pain and smell horrible too. Luckily I didn’t feel like throwing up again so I got dressed and went to Makati Med.

By then the pain was still there but I was shaking. The doctor checked me and gave me antacid. I was like – what this is just an upset stomach?! Why does it hurt so damn much? But of course this was all in my head…hehe

Still the pain was there and I couldn’t stop shaking. Finally the doctor decided to give me pain killers, but since my stomach was acting up, they had to inject the pain killers. I don’t know what they call the contraption they attached to my hand. But it hurt! Pretty soon I fell asleep, so I knew that I was better.

Before I left the doctor gave me a prescription and informed me that I have gastritis. According to the fact sheet that I was given:

It’s a stomach irritation often caused by medication, alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, spicy or acidic food, skipping of meals and emotional stress. Symptoms are stomach pain at the upper portion of the abdomen sometimes felt as a crampy/burning sensation, indigestion, nausea and vomiting.

Out of the things that cause irritation nicotine and medication are the only things that are not on my list. For the symptoms I felt everything but nausea that morning.

I left the hospital and got my prescription, and bought C2 so I could take my meds. When I got home I lay down and a couple of minutes later I threw up. What did I throw up? The C2! At least this time the vomit wasn’t foul tasting. Haha

So I reread the fact sheet. I have to stay away from spicy food, acidic fruit juices, softdrinks, coffee, tea, milk and milk products.

Whoops! C2 is iced tea, wow instant reaction…

I’ve always said that diets don’t work for me coz I love to eat. If I want to lose weight I have to resort to working out. But ever since I started working I can easily come up with a reason or excuse not to go to the gym. But now that’s not the case!

I really can’t eat a lot of the things I usually enjoy - softdrinks, tea, milk and milk products. And do you know what composes most of the milk and milk products? Dessert! Ugh. I have a sweet tooth. I love dessert.

And now I have to make sure that I eat when I feel hungry. I don’t want to miss meals, so I’m trying to get myself use to eating small meals, but frequently.

So there is a silver lining after all? We’ll see…

3 Comments:

  • At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gastritis is just a fancy name for a stomach ache. Just don't eats food that irritate you in large portions.

     
  • At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My 11 year old son has been sick for over a year with severe stomach pains that are sometimes so bad he starts shaking and screaming. Last year he had a negative tTG which they say rules out celiac. BUT the pain is always worst after he inadvertently has gluten (I try to keep him gluten free). I've since found out that the tTG for celiac is only positive when you have extensive disease. It's just a thought - but maybe you should consider "gluten" intolerance. Do your own research on it and check it out for yourself. I've ran into too many people who have stomach problems for years and then finally find out that they are celiac after suffering for a long time.

     
  • At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    propecia online propecia no results - propecia side effects how long

     

Post a Comment

<< Home